Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

COOKING UP TROUBLE: Excerpt #7

"I need to speak to her immediately. There's no time to spare." She dug in her purse.

"Excuse me -- but in case you haven't noticed, this is a restaurant," Audrey began.

"If that's what you want to call it." She stepped up to the counter and held out a gold-embossed business card. "You'll give this to her, and make sure she calls me."

"I'm not Max's secretary." She stepped back, crossing her arms, and tucked her hands into her elbows. "If you want to talk to her, you'll have to call the theater and leave a message."

"You don't understand the seriousness of the situation. I am the finest couturier in the entire East Side. The most exclusive families come to me for the most special occasions."

"What does that have to do with Max?"

"If I am to design her dress in time for her wedding this fall, we have to get to work!"

"If Max wanted you to design her dress, she would have contacted you." Audrey dropped her arms, wanting to laugh as she realized what had happened.

Her lies to Jorge had hit the gossip sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment