Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

COOKING UP TROUBLE: Excerpt #3

"Phoebe got upstaged by the wedding plans, but according to Chuck, the story about you marrying her in a secret ceremony in Italy is one page back in the same tabloids."

"Oh, just great..."

"But get this -- the reporter with the inside scoop decided to investigate. They're calling her a deluded, heartbroken child, living in a fantasy world, because they have proof you haven't left the country in six years, and there is no wedding license in your name."

"Nice to know people can track you down so easily." Steve decided to laugh about it. Act II in the battle with Deirdre/Phoebe/Serena was a success. He wondered what she would do in Act III. "If I ever get married, I'm eloping. Leaving the country, not even showing my face in public for a year afterward. Maybe getting plastic surgery before I come back."

"You are an idiot." She shook her head. "Have I told you lately how much I like having a big brother?"

"Never get tired of hearing it."

No comments:

Post a Comment