Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

COOKING UP TROUBLE: Excerpt #2

"I have a lot of apology letters to write." She smirked and leaned back in her chair.

"Let me guess -- you're getting a book idea out of this?" Steve barked laughter when she stuck her tongue out at him. "Have I told you lately how much I like having a little sister?"

"Not for the last five days. You're getting better." Max chuckled. "If only we could have as much success getting everybody here for the wedding without half the tabloids in the country following them."

"I keep telling you, if you'd just elope--"

"But Mom is having such fun making my dress." She sighed, her smile fading.

"What? Tell your big brother what's really bothering you."

"Not bothering, exactly." She rubbed her eyes. "Is it stupid, asking both my dads to walk me down the aisle? I mean, how old-fashioned is it, having my parents give me away? It's not like Tony is buying me, or I'm not an independent, self-determining..." She let out a growl that threatened to turn into a wail and hid her face in her hands.

"That settles it. If I ever get married -- and I'm not, despite that psycho claiming we were secretly married--"

"That's on page two."

"What is?" He felt a cold, empty sensation settle into his gut.

No comments:

Post a Comment